SMS Marketing offers endless options to any establishment willing to give it a try. Retail shops have been going at it for a while now, but even schools can use it for communication purposes! What can mobile messaging do for you?
One of the biggest things that marketers in the retail industry have to deal with is the fact that products are often seasonal. For example: clothing shops have to get rid of their summer clothes before winter and vice versa. This lends a sense of urgency to their marketing efforts, and what better way to communicate urgency than via text messages.
Thus, SMS Marketing is ideal for exclusive offers. For example:
- “Hurry! 20% off today only!”
- “Pay your account installment today and receive 5% off your next purchase.”
But that’s’ not all. You can also use it to:
- Incentivize customers: mobile vouchers and coupons are much better than old paper based rewards. Customers always have their phones with them, so if they decide to suddenly pop into your store after work, they can do it without worrying about a coupon lying forgotten at home.
- Send reminders: “we are open every day until 17h00.” “Have a question about your account? Contact our customer care at …”
SMS Marketing isn’t always about hardcore selling. In fact, it is equally useful for plain old communication. Instead of calling parents, children and teachers to remind or inform them about an event, simply text them! It is much, much cheaper and less time consuming, because you can send a default message out in bulk.
What can you use it for?
- Remind parents about teacher-parents meetings
- Inform parents and children about emergencies or important changes at the school
- Invite parents to big sport events to support their kids
- Ask parents to submit ideas for fund raisers
In conclusion: SMS Marketing can help to facilitate trust and loyalty – no matter which industry you find yourself in. You can use it for more than one purpose e.g. selling or informing, urgent communication as well as long term relationships.
So, what are you waiting for? Get your SMS Marketing on today!
Leave a comment