End of Call Notification (EOCN)
- Text based USSD/SMS channel
- 40 to 100 characters for Advertising Text
- If SMS can contain a Call-to-Action link
- Language dependent on the territory
- Cost dependent on the Opco in territory
How it works
- EOCN sends a message (USSD/SMS) with a range of information about the call i.e. remaining balance available, call cost & call duration etc.
- Recipient receives an USSD/SMS message as soon as he/she terminates the call.
- The message appears on the screen of the phone with all the relevant information.
- The Advertisement will then follow the “Your balance is” message followed by an “OK” button
- The Subscriber is prompted to press the OK Button and the message disappears.
- The message cannot be retrieved by the subscriber once it disappears.
What can it do?
- Deliver brand messaging
- Deliver promotional messaging
- Suggest consumers visit a store or event