- Text based USSD/SMS channel
- 40 to 100 characters for Advertising Text
- If SMS can contain a Call-to-Action link
- Language dependent on the territory
- Cost and On-net/Off-net dependent on the Opco in territoryText based USSD channel
How it works
- Subscriber recharges his/her prepaid account with Airtime or Data through either a Voucher, Pinless Recharge or his/her bank and is then notified that the Airtime or Data recharge was successful
- The message appears on the screen of the phone with all the relevant information.
- The Advertisement will then follow the “You have successfully recharged your account” message followed by an “OK” button
- The Subscriber is prompted to press the OK Button and the message disappears.
- The message cannot be retrieved by the subscriber once it disappears.
What can it do?
- Deliver brand messaging
- Deliver promotional messaging
- Suggest consumers visit a store or event