Mobile marketing is no longer a form of marketing that is unheard of. This is good news for Mobile Aggregators who want to make a name for themselves in the industry.
The thought that mobile phones didn’t even exist a few decades ago, is almost incomprehensible. Our lives are so intertwined with this technology that we simply can’t live without it anymore. Add the fact to it that people are creating more additional uses for it (other than making and receiving calls) and it is no surprise that the world has gone mobile crazy.
Mobile Aggregators has the change to swoop in on the best, most innovative, mobile functions. Users are always scrambling for something new and fresh – thus, it could only be to your advantage to offer these products and services to your customers.
If you need any more convincing, have a look at these stats from sendmode.co.za. The research was done on consumers in the UK, but it is should still be relevant to South Africans as well.
- The average consumer sends around 50 text messages a week.
- Depending on a few factors (the service provider, network etc.) the average delivery time for a text is under seven seconds.
- 57% of consumers were interested in signing up for brand’s SMS loyalty program and 90% of mobile users who participated in an SMS loyalty program felt they had gained value from it.
- This just shows how popular mobile messages are: 98% of text messages are read, compared to 22% of emails, 29% of tweets and 12% of Facebook posts. People are also more likely to click on URLs in texts – 19% compared to just 4.2% on emails.
- People receive less text messages than email (1216 emails versus 178 texts) per month. Good news for Mobile Aggregators, because it means that people are a long way from becoming “numb” towards mobile marketing.
The last fun fact: in 2011, 150 billion text messages were sent in the UK alone.
Now is a great time for companies and consumers to join in on the hype of Mobile Aggregation.